The Early Career Researchers (ECRs) Urban Studies Network is an Urban Institute (UI) and the Department of Urban Studies and Planning (USP) initiative, supported by the Faculty of Social Science at Sheffield (FoSS). It has been designed to provide a supportive space where to discuss ECRs’ career development, and to foster peer-to-peer solidarity.
It is managed by the Director of ECRs Development, Dr Michele Lancione (UI/USP) and co-delivered by Drs Ahmed, Cawood, Higgins and Sawyer.
The network is only for scholars working at the University of Sheffield.
Open to all post-PhD individuals self-defining as ‘Early career’ in the field of ‘Urban Studies’ at the University of Sheffield. To be included in the program and in the network’s mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Five two-hour long training workshops
- Five one-hour peer-support gatherings
- Four ECRs-led international workshops
- Two ECRs-led research away-days
- On-demand 1-to-1 support with the network’s Director, Dr Michele Lancion